Happy Birthday to my love bug! Much different than last year's big dol bash, we had a very small family celebration at my in-law's in Ohio this year over 4th of July weekend. I let L pick out her own party hat (hence the tiara). Elmo is L's fave these days, so my in-laws drove all over town in search of the perfect Elmo cake fit for a princess, and boy did they deliver. We ended up with this monster cake from Sam's, said to feed 64 (too bad there were only 7 of us! ha!). Never one to waste, my MIL sent us home with all the extra. We have enough Elmo cupcakes in the freezer to last us until her next birthday!
At two years old, here is what Miss L is up to:
- Today at her 2-year well check, she weighed in at 25 lbs (25th percentile) and measured 35.5 inches tall (85th percentile).
- Her sleeping is back on track after a week of tough love boot camp. She is now back to sleeping straight through the night for 12 hours (actually, I often have to wake her up in the morning these days). She takes a 2 hour afternoon nap (again, I often have to wake her up). Fingers crossed that this pattern continues.
- She still eats well, but is more particular about what she eats. She grows tired of foods easily, so I can't get away with giving her a lot of leftovers. She prefers variety.
- Thanks to a visit with nana, she is now not only very adept at drinking out of a cup, but also a water bottle.
- She is still hugely into shoes. She doesn't care too much what I dress her in, but she insists on picking out her shoes. This week, she is obsessed with boots.......unfortunately, all we have are winter, fleece-lined boots and it is upwards of 100 degrees outside. I try to hide them (out of sight, out of mind, you know?), but she just whines, screams and is generally completely cranky, yelling "boots" over and over again until I eventually cave and go get them. I found super cute rain boots 2 sizes up on clearance for $5 this week, so I snapped them up and they are now her new faves.
- Her favorite things to play with: puzzles, books, and her new doll house. She can literally sit for an hour putting puzzles together. One day, I saw her rubbing her hands together over and over again while playing with her doll house. I went over to see what was up, and found her pretending to wash her hands in the ity bity kitchen sink! hahaha! She is also fond of putting either mommy or daddy on the potty and then declaring them "all done". Too funny!
- She loves helping me cook. When I ask her if she wants to cook with mommy, she runs into the pantry where we keep the step stool and starts to haul it out to the kitchen. She is so patient and attentive while I measure out the ingredients, and she then gets to pour them in. Or, as she says "dup" ("dump").
- She loves, loves, LOVES the pool (she calls it the "cool").
- She loves to sing with me at bedtime. It is part of our routine. As soon as we are done with books and I turn out the lights, she immediately says "song" and we have a whole repertoire of songs we go through - Twinkle Twinkle Little Star, You are my Sunshine, Doggie in the Window, Wheels on the Bus, Itsy Bitsy Spider. She sings right along with me - LOUDLY - and with hand motions, where applicable!
- When I expressed concern in the past over her speech and how quiet she was, people always told me not to worry, that there would come a time that I would wish she would shut up. That time has come. ;-) And I'm sure it is only going to get worse....
- Speaking of speech, she is more consistently stringing two words together now. Her favorite two-word combo " X mine" - "water mine" "toy mine" "cup mine". She is also starting to string multiple words together, but many of the middle words are hard to decipher and sort of blend together.
- She has taken to calling me "mom". I've tried to get her back to "mama" or "mommy", but I guess she has decided that just plain "mom" is easier. Sigh.
- When she wants her brothers, she yells "boys!!"
She is the cutest, sweetest (and spunkiest) little thing and gets oodles of compliments wherever we go. I love my girl!
No comments:
Post a Comment