Sunday, December 11, 2011

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas around here

I took the boys for their first ice skate of the season last week at our favorite outdoor rink at a nearby town center/mall.
 
My baking assistant and I have been busy making lots of yummy Christmas cookies in our matching Santa aprons.
 
The boys are always excited when the advent calendar comes out. This year, we have three, which is a little (a lot?!) over the top, but at least each kid gets to open something each day = no fights or tears. L is resopnsible for the oldie, but goodie Play Mobile one that we've had for years. Here she is getting a little lift from big bro. The pieces create a Christmas scene.
 
Pop Pop gifted us this beautiful wooden advent tree last year (that I now have to fill!).
And I couldn't resist the Star Wars Lego one I saw this year.
Our Elf on the Shelf, Sam, has been popping up all over the house, much to L's delight. When Nana gifted us Sam last year, the boys were already too old to believe the whole spiel. I tried really, really hard to sell them on it, but they weren't buying it. But they are very excited to find new, creative places to move Sam each evening for little sis to find in the morning.
 
 
We have a new special ornament on our Christmas tree this year, thanks to the talents of a fellow Korea adoptive mom.
Though L's favorite seems to be Elmo.
The kids collaborated on decorating a gingerbread house. The boys were being quite the little perfectionists and kept complaining that L wasn't doing a good job. I kept telling them to chill out, that she was only two and was doing a good job, considering. A little bit into the job, L (unintentionally) wrecked something C was working on and C snapped at her. L turned to him, grabbed his arm and said very sternly "C, I'm only two." HI-larious.
 
  
My beloved tin solider that J can't stand is back, greeting guests in the foyer.
We went to "Christmas at the Farm" at a nearby county farm/park this afternoon. There was a puppet show, crafts, and a wagon ride with Santa. Here we are on the wagon ride.
 Wait, who's that driving the tractor?
 B found the whole thing a little lame....
The boys went up to Santa after the ride (L wouldn't get within 10 feet, though she did wave to him - a big step forward). C's words "He is so F.A.K.E. I mean, seriously mom, we can see his mustache and gray beard under the fake beard." I have to admit, he was one of the worst Santas I've ever seen.
After, we headed inside for some farm/Christmas-themed games and crafts. I was a big fan of the pig and sheep corn hole.
 However, the kids unanimous favorite was the cookie decorating/eating station.
 
 
 
Here are a few pics I snapped after church today. All of the boys, daddy included, got haircuts after church, hence the lollipops. 
 
And just for fun, here is a picture of the boys with Santa at ages 2 and 4. B looks a little suspicious. ;-)
And ages 3 and 5.

No comments: