Tuesday, March 15, 2011

1 Year TC-iversary and An All Star

One year ago today, we got "the call" that L was ready to come home.  It was a Monday morning.  When you are in the adoption process, the weekends are always so hard because everything is closed = no news.  You always look forward to Monday when there is hope that good news may arrive.  L made her embassy appearance the previous Thursday, and I knew our travel call (TC) would come in a matter of days after that.  So Monday morning, I called the DC visa status number as soon as I returned home from dropping B off at preschool, but there was nothing new in the system - her P3 (Packet 3 - the package that the Korean agency must return to the US Consulate to apply for the visa) had not yet been returned and no visa interview was scheduled yet.  I was SO BUMMED.  I know it sounds counter intuitive, but those final days before your TC are the hardest.  It is as if your whole life is moving in slow motion and you literally can't focus on anything else except for "the call" - when will it come?  I got off of the phone with visa status and started writing a very pathetic "whoa is me" blog post when the phone rang - caller id:  Spence Chapin New York - our adoption agency!.  Four days later we were headed for Seoul, South Korea!  We happened upon the picture above the other day when going through some adoption paperwork.  It is an extra picture from L's visa application that the immigration officer gave us when she opened up our sealed package at the airport.  I figured it fitting to post today.  How cute is this?

In other news, we have an All Star in the family!  C was chosen to represent our division in an All Star basketball tournament this past weekend.  His team won their division on Saturday and then went on to win the league championship on Sunday!  It was an exciting couple of games and C played very well in both.  We are very proud of our little guy!  Here is C (middle) with two of his buds after winning the championship game on Sunday evening.

No comments: