Friday, April 1, 2011

Flashback on Hold/21 Months (Almost!)

Well, I had the best intentions to do a series of flashback posts this week from our time in Korea last year, but our main computer (where we access all of our pictures) crashed.  Sigh.

In other news, L is 21 months old (well, almost)!  I realized I missed her 20 month post, so I figured I should write this one before time gets away from me again.  The biggest change over the past couple of months is definitely her exploding language.  Her language is finally really taking off and she is saying new words almost every day now. 
- She is FINALLY saying "mama", though she doesn't use it very often to call to me....she mostly only says it when I point to myself and ask "who is this?"...but hey, at least she is saying it!  She calls dad "daddy".  She tries so hard to say her brothers' names, but they are too hard for her still (but she does get the correct number of syllables).
- Just in the past week, she has started saying her name and it is SO CUTE! 
- Also new this week, she now comes up to me and points to her rear and says "poo poo", and sure enough, she needs a diaper change.
- She will say the names of things in books now, especially animals.
- She will name some body parts - eyes, nose and teeth - if she can't say a particular part, she will say "eye".
- She says "no" very well now ;-/
- She has said "shoes" for a long while now (one of her first words! ;-)), but for the longest time, she would only get out the "shhh" sound. She finally has the "oooo" part down now.
- A few new words of note:  jacket ("jackie"), Elmo ("momo"), fish. 
- Speaking of fish, her brothers got fish last weekend and L is fascinated with them.  The first thing she asks for when she gets up in the morning or when we come upstairs any time during the day is "fish". 
- Current favorite things:  shoes, books, puzzles, stuffed animals, doggies, and music/dancing.  Her first pair of pink Crocs arrived in the mail this week and ever since I tried them on her, she will wear no other shoes (and I must say that she looks adorable in them).  Problem is, it isn't exactly warm enough around here for Crocs yet...oh well.
- Her favorite book at the moment is "Bee-Bim Bop"
- She kisses EVERYTHING.  Seriously.not.kidding.  I think it is so sweet how she kisses all of her stuffed animals, dolls, etc., but she will kiss anything that happens to amuse her at the moment - pictures in books; rubber frogs, spiders, and snakes; etc..  I even caught her kissing a green block she was playing with the other day.  Really?!!
- She seems to grow more independent, strong willed, and "difficult" with each passing day. When she doesn't get her way, WATCH OUT.  She is a real drama queen.  We were at the mall play area the other day and when I told her it was time to go, she literally bolted away from me as fast as her feet could carry her!

Happy 21 months, L! I wish I could post some cute pictures to go with this post, but that will have to wait for another day.

No comments: