A fellow adoptive mom, who is herself a Korean adoptee, created this beautiful video in honor of National Adoption Month to help bring awareness to the miracle and blessing of adoption. Every time I view this video (which has been like 10 times a day since she posted it! No lie!), I end up bawling my eyes out, thinking about the blessings that these children and families are to each other and how different their lives would be without each other. [Hint: you may see some familiar faces around the 2:04 mark ;-)]
I'm going to be honest, I am not one of those people who always knew I would adopt one day. I am not one of those people who felt led by God to adoption. We were not looking to save the world or start a crusade when we decided to adopt. Had we been able to have a third child the "old fashioned way" without any type of expensive intervention, I probably wouldn't have given adoption a second thought. But I thank God every.single.day that my life didn't turn out the way I pictured or thought I wanted, and that somehow, someway we were blessed to expand our family by becoming adoptive parents. Adoption may have been our second choice, but it is nowhere near second best. Adoption not only gifted me the amazing blessing of my daughter, it also opened my mind and heart in a way that would never have been possible otherwise. I am a different person today than I was four years ago; a more compassionate person; a more aware person; and ultimately, a better person.
No comments:
Post a Comment