It's beginning to look a lot like Easter!
During this time two years ago we were just three days away from our travel call to go pick up Lyla. I thought it would be fun to take a little walk down memory lane over the next couple of weeks (plus, it will give me more material for this photo-a-day thing - haha!). This was my post from two years ago yesterday (3/11/10):
EMBASSY APPEARANCE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I can barely breath right now because I'm so excited, but had to post this news. I called the DC visa status line today to see if we've made any progress. I really didn't think there would be anything, but something was nagging at me to call. The operator told me that our package was sent out last week, which I already knew, and then she proceeded to tell me there was nothing new - the package hadn't been returned yet and no visa interview. Before I hung up the phone, I said "so, she hasn't made her embassy appearance yet?" The operator replied "there is a note in here saying she was at the embassy on March 11th.". I was kind of confused by that (because of the way she phrased it) so I said "okay, but her picture isn't there right?" The operator replied "oh yes, her picture is right here!!". Then I proceeded to totally FREAK OUT!!
Families typically receive travel calls within a few DAYS of the Embassy appearance. The longest I have seen is about 10 days post Embassy appearance!!!!! WE ARE GOING TO KOREA!!!!!!! I CAN'T BELIEVE IT!!!!!!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment