We met our social worker at the SWS offices and rode with her to Lyla's foster parents' home, which seemed like it took forever (it was about a 45-minute drive). They live in a big high rise apartment building and when the elevator opened on their floor, Lyla's foster mom was standing there in the hallway with Lyla in her arms. Yep, "pinch me" moment for sure. I honestly don't remember the details of that day; I was so excited that it all whizzed by in a blur. But I do remember that Lyla was so happy and joyful that day. And I remember that her foster mom brought out a little zippered pouch full of hair elastics and clips and Lyla kept dumping them all out and trying to put them in her mouth (we still have that pouch). Kind of an odd, random memory, I know.
I'm kind of sad that I don't remember all of the details, but the emotion of that day and seeing Lyla's sweet face for the first time, I will never, ever forget. Definitely one of the best days of my life.
No comments:
Post a Comment