Saturday, February 18, 2012

Catch Up Post #3: Caden Turns the Big 1-0!

Caden was super excited about his birthday this year.  He was counting down the days until he would finally be "double digits".  I know everyone says this about their kids and time flying and all that, but seriously, how is it possible that I've been a mom for an entire decade already?! Wow.

In honor of one decade old, let's take a stroll down memory lane, shall we?

Born Colorado; 6lbs, 1 oz at birth
Feb 2003 (1 year old)


 Ring Bearer at Aunt Lisa's Wedding - May 2004 (2 years old) Brennan was there too (in mom's tummy!)

Brothers - 2005 (3 years old)


Brothers - 2005 (3 years old)
Summer 2005 at Rehoboth Beach (3.5 years old)
2006 (4.5 years old)
2007 (5 years old) - the beginning of his addiction to baseball!


Easter 2008 (6 years old)
Cancun - Jan 2009 (7 years old)
Chicago Cubs game summer 2010 (8.5 years old)
1st day with braces, Aug 2011 (9.5 years old)
In lieu of a big party this year, we had a few of Caden's best buds over to the house for a small party/sleep over and told Caden we would take the money we would have spent on a party and buy him an Xbox instead (which he's been begging for for a while now). I didn't get many pictures (mostly because 9 and 10 year old boys don't like posing for them and they kept doing silly things to mess up all my shots!!). I also didn't get to do a big cake this year because I ran out of time. Here are the top two tiers. The bottom tier was supposed to be a football field with a Denver Broncos symbol. Caden's two favorite sports teams = Rockies and the Broncos (he is really into things from his "birth state" these days).

Lyla loves all of Caden's friends. Lucky for her, they are all very tolerant and sweet to her. She wanted to be down in the basement with them the whole night. When we brought her up, she kept screaming "I need boys!". I think we're in trouble!
 

As you can see, they were not fans of me taking pictures!
 

And, finally, I saw this on someone else's blog and think it is a great idea (I only wish I would have thought of it sooner!). She interviews her kids every year on their birth day. I am going to start doing this! How cool it will be to look back!

Caden at 10:
Favorite Food: Nachos
One Food That I Really Dislike: Onions
Favorite Sport to Play: Baseball
Favorite Sport to Watch on TV: Football
Favorite TV show: Ninjago
Favorite Movie: The Lightning Thief (Percy Jackson)
Favorite Subject in School: Math
When I grow up, I'm going to become a: MLB player, or (if that doesn't work out!) a sports agent
Favorite Book: Percy Jackson series
Three Words that Describe Me: awesome, active and funny
My Best Friend Is: Ian B.
Favorite Vacation Spot: Mexico

If I Could Go Anywhere in the World, I Would go to: Korea, because I love the food and it would be neat to experience Lyla's culture and see where she came from

I love you my sweet boy! I am so lucky to be your mom. I can't wait to see what the next 10 years holds for you (and I seriously can't believe you are only 6 years away from driving! Yikes!).

No comments: