I don't even know where to start. I think regularly about abandoning blogging, but then I look back at my published blog books from the past few years and it is so nice to have the memories documented for my family. Without those books, we would be left with a a stockpile of photos on our hard drive and nothing else. It is nice to have the favorites in print and a story to go with them. So on I write. However, looking at the most recent blog book published (which basically covers the life of this blog), I hate having just my children's first initials throughout, so I've made the decision to use their names from here on out. That means that I may be taking the blog private again to protect their privacy....I haven't decided yet. The only reason I kept it public initially was so that other adoptive families in process could access it; I know how much I loved reading about children already home when I was in process. It gave me hope. Now that Lyla's been home for nearly two years (and we're old news! ha!), the only reason I haven't taken it back private is because I know Lyla's foster mom enjoys looking at it. And I want to make it as easy as possible for her because she is a bit technology challenged. But it is kind of creeping me out that I have so many blog hits from around the world (not just the US, even!) on a blog where I have the privacy settings set so that the blog can't be found using a search engine. Who are all of you people, and how did you find me?! And since no one ever comments, it leaves me wondering who is reading....and it makes me feel like I have to censor what I write. I don't like that.
Wow, I really didn't mean to go off on a tangent like that! Now back to catching up....stay tuned for some catch up posts!
No comments:
Post a Comment